Hutmacher has 22 years of experience in local government, 16 of them as a City Manager in communities around Metro Atlanta ranging from 3,000 to 85,000 residents, but looks forward to returning to a smaller, growing city.
This is a growing and engaged community, and we need to be purposeful about growth to have a healthy community
, said Hutmacher.
I am excited to be able to help the City Council manage the expected growth in Hutto to balance new development with lifestyle and create a healthy mix of revenues so the tax burden won't fall so heavily on homeowners.
Warren Hutmacher has more than 20 years of state and local government experience and served Municipal Services Principal for CPL, an architectural, engineering, and planning firm in Suwanee, Georgia.
Warren has previously served as the:
- City Manager of Johns Creek, Georgia, from 2014 to 2019
- City Manager of Dunwoody, Georgia, from 2008 to 2014
- City Manager of Norcross, Georgia, from 2006 to 2008
- City Manager of Avondale Estates, Georgia, from 2003 to 2006
- Assistant to the City Manager for the City of Marietta, Georgia, from 1999 to 2003 where he also served as Deputy City Clerk from 1997 to 1998
Warren holds a Master's degree in Public Administration from The Ohio State University and a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from the University of Delaware. He has also served as an instructor in American Government and Public Administration courses at Georgia Perimeter College.