Permit Applications
If you are submitting a permit in person, please come to City Hall at 500 W. Live Oak St. in Hutto.

New Residential, Site Plan, Commercial and New Commercial Finish out Permit Applications are not eligible for online submittal at this time. Permit submittals for these types of construction can be emailed to for intake and processing. One (1) paper plan set is required for Site Plan Permit Applications. The Building Permit Applications listed above do not require paper plans. Plans must be legible and retain integrity when enlarged during the review process.

All other permits maybe submitted online using MyGovernmentOnline. 

Acceptable Forms of Payment:
Check, Visa or MasterCard. Payment may be made over the phone using Visa or MasterCard or through the MyGovernmentOnline Customer Portal once the application has been accepted for review. Online applicants will be notified when payment is allowed. 

Please allow 24 to 48 hours minimum to process irrigation permits, water softener permits, storage building permit, patio, and any other minor project.

Permits issued by the City of Hutto do not supersede rules set in place by Homeowners Associations or private deed restrictions, therefore if is highly recommended that you get approval from your Homeowners Association and check your deed restrictions.

Certificate of Occupancy Application
Commercial Remodel/Finishout/Addition/Revision Building Permit Application

Demolition Permit Application

Inspection Only (electrical-plumbing-gas-flatwork-Other)

Inspection Request Form
Irrigation Permit Application and Backflow Prevention Report FormMechanical (HVAC) Permit Application
Irrigation Backflow Prevention Test Maintenance Report Form

Job Trailer - Fence - HUD - Other Permit Application
Irrigation Backflow Prevention Test Maintenance Report FormJob

Trailer - Fence - HUD - Other Permit Application

Fence Brochure & Information for Historic District Only

Mobile Food Vendor Application

Mobile Food Vendor Renewal Application

New Commercial Building Permit Application

New Residential Building Permit Application

Patio/Deck - Hot Tub/Spa - Pool - Storage Building Permit Application
(Storage Building Permit is not required if under 200 square feet in area and does not include electrical or plumbing connections)

Patio Cover Details

Residential Addition Permit Application

Residential Remodel - Wind Turbine Permit Application

Solar Permit Application 

Right Of Way Use Permit Application

Sign Permit Application

Site Clearing & Grading Permit

Site Plan Permit Application

Planning and Zoning Applications - Site Plan, Zoning, Subdivision
Hutto Fire and Rescue Development Applications