The City Secretary is primarily responsible for all aspects of municipal records. The City Secretary is responsible for publishing and posting agendas for all City Council meetings, and maintaining an accurate record of written minutes of the proceedings.
The City Secretary is the custodian of all official city records, which includes, but is not limited to ordinances, resolutions, contracts and agreements, easements, deeds of city owned property and is the designated Records Manager of the City.
The City Secretary's office also coordinates municipal elections, the publication and codification of City ordinances; publication of legal notices, monitoring and managing the terms and attendance of all board and commission members, issuance of local alcohol beverage permits, and is deemed the City's public information officer as it relates to the Texas Public Information Act.
The mission of the City Secretary's Division of the City Manager's Office is to support, facilitate and strengthen the City of Hutto governmental process by assisting the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities:
- Enhancing public participation in the municipal government process
- Improving the public access to municipal records and other information
- Providing continuity for Hutto city government by recording its legislative actions, both contemporaneously and archival
- Providing daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City of Hutto Government
- Safeguarding the municipal elections and records management process
- Serving as historian for the City of Hutto